Why hire me?
Why should you work with Ali Yucel? Well, I believe I can give you a couple of good answers:
• First of all, I am proficient with the grammatical structures of both English and Turkish. That might be one of the most important reasons I stand out amongst my colleagues, some of whom don’t even seem to know the difference between “your” and “you’re”.
• Secondly, I am an experienced translator, who has comprehensive knowledge of the required computer software such as MS Office suit, SDL Trados Studio 2009 & 2011 and Multiterm as well as supplementary ones such as Proofing Tools to help me avoid typos, and ABBYY FineReader, which helps me convert most of your PDF files into MS Word/Excel formats to be editable, mostly keeping the layout intact.
• You can check my SDL Certification here.
• I am a sworn translator of the 2nd Notary Public of Fethiye, which renders me a trusted translator & interpreter by the governmental bodies of Turkey.
• I play it safe. I always use the most updated version of antivirus and firewall software to keep your files clean. On top of that, I always save multiple copies of the file I’m working on to different hard disks during the translation process to avoid losses on crashes.
• Additionally, your work is confidential by default unless we both agree otherwise. I would not disclose or submit any translated document to any third party unless the law requires me to do so. I’ll keep them secret, I’ll keep them safe.
• I create and keep terminology bases for each and every client, so that the terminology is always consistent, even if I haven’t been translating for you for a year! The term-base will basically remind me of the specific terms I previously translated for you, thus the translations will be consistent.
• I never use machine translation software. I cannot stress this enough! I find them amateurish and inconvenient. I would never resort to such unprofessional acts.
• This one is usually underestimated; but I love to translate! It is my passion as well as my job. There are always new challenges for me to take up and I like it that way.